Hello to all of our isolated Snobs! Kelsea and Cole here to share what’s been going on in our kitchen these last few weeks during the COVID-19 Quarantine here in LA. Like we previously mentioned in our Top Ten Things To Do During Quarantine Blog, cooking has been something we highly recommend doing and something we have been doing ourselves. In this blog, we are going to share some of our favorite at-home cooking recipes as well as what we have been ordering for takeout!
Starting with our kitchen cooking list –– let’s dig in Snobs!
Colorful Taco Bowls
Chicken Noodle Soup
Berrie’s + Agave (for snacks, antioxidants golor!)
Truffle… Everything! Truffle is a signature luxury must-have and trust us, we have been using it on so many things! Here are a few of our fav truffle creations:
Spring Arugula Truffle Salad With Parmesan
Truffle Cauliflower Pizza
Mushroom Truffle Risotto
Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Okay, Snobs, this is where our Snob-ness is definitely about to come out. While we are loving cooking at the house, we have also definitely loved bringing some of our fav LA restaurants into our home! But don’t worry, we know what it is like owning a small business, so we, of course, are supporting many of those too! Here’s a mixed list of both fine dining take-out and local small business restaurant take-outs.
- Believe it or not… Nobu has take-out! You better believe this is one of our favorite take-out orders during this time.
- One of our recent finds in Weho, Koi, is also offering take-out + delivery!
- Cecconi’s is offering the same as well. Absolutely delicious food. Plus, it has the same menu as Soho House so you know it will not disappoint!
- And of course, one of our forever favs, no matter the location, Mastros Steakhouse! Take-out or delivery, Snobs!
Here are some ways we have been supporting small business restaurants and local restaurants.
- Instead of going to get coffee at a big chain company like Starbucks, we are going to smaller coffee shops/cafes that may still be open and picking up something to bring back home. Little things like this truly make a difference in the end.
- Some small business restaurants are actually offering produce/ groceries on top of their regular menu! This is another brilliant way to help businesses in need right now if you are able to do so.
- Lastly, we want to mention that we have been cautious about where we are ordering from. We want to make it clear we aren’t ordering from Mastro’s every night of the week –– maybe once a week or on the weekend. We are either supporting local + small business restaurants or cooking at home!
Two of our favorite local LA restaurants we have been getting take-out from:
- Jon & Vinny’s –– Delicious! Pro-tip, the wait time is usually over an hour (that’s how good it is) so make sure to order in advance before you get too hungry!
- Elephante- located in Santa Monica and is normally an absolutely beautiful place to dine at. But it is not all looks… the food is to die for! Elephante is also providing produce on top of their regular menu for take-out or delivery. P.S. Elephante also has a sister restaurant in West Hollywood called Kasi Club. They are also offering take-out + delivery!